We want the best for your child too.
Geckos is family-owned and operated childcare centre committed to the care, education and delight of tamariki aged 0-5 years. We provide a safe, nurturing and fun environment where children are respected as individuals and encouraged to learn through play.
Empowering tamariki to dream, soar and succeed.
To ensure each and every child thrives, Geckos is split across two locations to deliver tailored, age-appropriate care and learning opportunities. Both centres are located in Regent, allowing our tamariki to learn and play together.
(0 - 3.5 years)
The Nest is a purpose-built space designed to nurture the needs of children from newborn up to three years. Our Nest teachers are qualified to recognise and meet the special requirements of our youngest tamariki, in a safe, welcoming environment. More on The Nest
We’re big believers that children learn through doing and being, so we support and encourage tamariki in their exploration, creation and play. Both our centres are inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach to education, viewing children as capable, competent individuals, leading their own learning. Whether learning happens through spontaneous moments throughout the day, or focused interests and project work, we’ll take your child’s lead.
Wonder - Filled Spaces
Our spaces are designed to provoke wonder and awe. Our inside and outside environments are specially designed with open spaces for large groups to gather and play together safely, as well as smaller nooks for friends to engage in quiet play or individuals wanting space to relax.
Your Child Will:
- Be engaged as an equal and active participant in a community of learners where learning happens through joyful play
- Be respected for his/her uniqueness and feel a sense of belonging
- Be empowered to take risks, persevere and succeed in his/her own way
- Be supported to explore stimulating and challenging situations, both independently and with others
- Be encouraged to live and value the diversity in our community and cherish the richness of Te Ao Maori in Aotearoa New Zealand